So every month I will choose a new piece of Scripture, and those who wish may take ANY part of that Scripture and create a story, poem, drabble, artwork, icon, video, sig tag, crochet doll, WHATEVER they desire based on it. I thought it would be nice to start with my Grandmother's favorite Scripture, so here we have Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
And of course, sadly, every challenge MUST have some rules to keep things clean and organized so here are ours.
1. This is a CHRISTIAN challenge, meaning that we will be using a verse or more from the Bible to inspire our creations. You may use any part of the selected Scripture for the challenge, even if it's just one word. You do NOT have to be Christian to participate nor does your story have to be completely Christian-oriented. What we're looking for here is stories that use inspiration from the selected verse and put out an important message that promotes God's healing, love, or some other important aspect/commandment.
You want to write a gay story where another character accepts the gay couple's feelings for each other because love is love and we are all supposed to love each other? THAT'S FINE! You want to write a drabble about somebody remembering or learning how to pray and receiving peace because of that? THAT'S FINE! You want to draw something with a lion and lamb laying down together? FINE (as long as it fits the challenge somehow)! You want to create something but not actually mention God though one of God's messages is there? THAT'S FINE TOO! You want to write something that has to do with the Wiccan Rede ("Do what ye will but harm none") but not include the Christian God AND your story will somehow reflect the month's challenge? THAT'S FINE TOO! After all, "Do what ye will but harm none" is basically just another way of saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"!
There's just two basic rules for filling the challenges: At least one word of the Scripture must have somehow inspired your creation AND there must be a "Christian" message incorporated somehow!
2. Jesus doesn't judge; neither should we. In other words, NO BASHING! No bashing of other participants. No bashing of fandoms, characters, pairings, celebrities, others' beliefs . . . NO BASHING!
3. New challenges will be posted at the beginning of each month. However, THERE ARE NO OFFICIAL DEADLINES! You're running a few days behind and the new month has already started? That's fine; post your creation when you're ready! It's July, but January's challenge is running through your mind and trying to inspire you? THAT'S FINE TOO! Go with it, and post it when you're ready!
4. This challenge is open to ALL, all fandoms, all characters, all pairings, original, RPF, fan fiction, EVERYTHING. We're open to stories, poems, drabbles, artwork, videos, sewing projects, icons -- ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING as long as it is somehow inspired by the challenge AND incorporates a "Christian" message.
5. Love your brothers and sisters. If you like something you read or see, let the creator know! And under no circumstances is this the place for posting hate of any kind. Straight out hate will get you kicked out and banned IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. Please post links to your creations in replies to this post, and be sure to warn for any questionable material such as (but not limited to) spoilers, noncon/rape, and character deaths.
7. Have fun, and be respectful!